Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I'm back!


Alright, so finals are over and I passed all my classes! That means we will be getting back on track here and getting you more updates and articles on a regular schedule again.

I did want to talk quickly about the Dungeons and Dragons Next Playtest. I signed up for it a while ago, thinking it might be fun and enjoyable to see how much worse Wizards of the Coast is being forced to make the game I love. I mean, I really didn't enjoy 4th edition at all. I don't really blame Wizards of the Coast for that though, I personally think it has more to do with Hasbro then anything else.


So, I went through all the issues Thursday morning with down servers and error pages to try to get the playtest information. Once I finally got it, I took a look through it and found that most of the changes that they had done were...well...kind of not that bad. I think they are going back to the thematic feel of 2nd edition, but keeping the play system of 3.5. There are some things left over from 4th edition, but they have given them more flavor text that explains it in a “real world” scenario. The best example of that is the changes to Healing Surge (This was one of the biggest reasons my group didn't convert over to 4th edition).

So it looks good, and it fills me with this dread. I just got started converting over to Pathfinder. I've spent a lot of money on the Pathfinder books so far, and I really am looking forward to buying more of them as they continue to come out. Yet now in the background, I'm starting to think...maybe I should set some aside so that I can get this new edition of Dungeons and Dragons. It's like there is a tax on being a nerd sometimes...heh.

Well, that aside though, my group had a fun time playtesting the new edition and we are looking forward to new things coming out from Wizards again. I can't really go into too much detail here about things, but it was fun. I would recommend going over to Wizards website and signing up for the playtest here.

I'm really looking forward to some of the new Pathfinder books coming out here soon, I'm planning on reviewing them as they come out. I also have a script written for the first video blog that I'm planning on doing here. Yeah, I bet you thought I'd forgotten about that, didn't you? Well, I didn't. I'm just trying to figure out how much I'm willing to sacrifice in terms of quality for you so that I can at least just get them started. I'll likely be putting up the videos on Youtube as well as on the video system here. I'm thinking about using maybe other video host sites like dailymotion or bling...I'm still doing research.

Either way, a lot of things are coming up, so be excited folks! Next article is going to be resuming my Class series, moving onto the Fighter. See you then, and good gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment